The Board of Finance has a significant role in Town Government, with its activities extending into almost every phase of financial administration. Specific responsibilities include:
- Preparation of the Town Budget.
- Setting the annual tax rate.
- Approval of all special appropriations and transfers between appropriations.
- Responsibility for the Town’s accounting system.
- Providing for the Annual Audit.
- Publication of the Annual Report.
The Board of Finance consists of six (6) members, each elected for four (4) year terms. The Board meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm in the upstairs conference room of the North Haven Memorial Town Hall, 18 Church Street.