• Landuse

Land Use

Dear Property Owners and Residents of the Town of North Haven,

Please be advised that, though our Town offices are now open to the public, the Land Use Office will be available to serve you as you pursue permits to improve your residential and commercial properties, while adhearing to safety protocols including distancing and limits to the number of people occupying our offices at any one time. 

To submit a residential zoning permit application, please email the Zoning Enforcement Officer, Laura Magaraci, at Magaraci.laura@town.north-haven.ct.us.  Please attach a completed Application for Zoning Permit (available here) along with a plot plan/survey depicting the proposed improvement(s) and offsets to the applicable property lines.  If you do not have a survey, you can use the Town’s GIS maps, available on our website, which can be printed to scale.  Please be advised that these maps are for reference only, and the property owner is responsible for knowing the location of his/her property boundaries.

There is a $60.00 mandatory State fee associated with all Land Use permits.  Once your application is reviewed by the Zoning Officer, please send a check made payable to “Treasurer, Town of North Haven” along with the original copies of your application form and plot plan and mail it to: The Town of North Haven, Land Use Office, 5 Linsley Street, North Haven, CT 06473.  A receipt will be sent to you via regular mail or emailed to you.  For faster service, there is a drop box located between the main entrance of the Annex offices at 5 Linsley Street and the circular drive at the Rec Center.

 If further assistance is required, please call 203-239-5321, extension 440.  Messages will be checked throughout the day and all calls will be returned as soon as possible.  Thank you for your patience during this time.  The staff of the Land Use Office looks forward to serving you.

Video of Special Planning and Zoning Meeting:
Plan of Conservation and Development

The Land Use Office staff provides administrative support to the Planning & Zoning Commission, the Zoning Board of Appeals and the Inland Wetlands Commission.

Under the direction of the Land Use Administrator, the office assists residents, property owners and developers through the application process, to the appropriate Land Use Board and/ or Commission. Procedurally, the office is responsible for accepting the formal application, preparing the legal notices, reviewing all applications for completeness and compliance, preparing the meeting agenda and organizing the actual meeting place.

The office also provides administrative support for the Zoning Enforcement Officer and works closely with the Building Department and Engineering offices of Public Works as well. Public inquiries are welcome at the office located in the Town Hall Annex on 5 Linsley Street.

Land Use Administrator, Alan Fredricksen, fredricksen.alan@northhaven-ct.gov